Scott M. Estill, J.D.
With over 20 years of experience, Mr. Estill specializes in advising business owners with the complexities of the business and tax law issues that they may encounter. Mr. Estill is a frequent national radio and television guest lecturer, instructor, and seminar speaker at various events and colleges across the country. He was a former senior trial attorney for the IRS. He has counseled thousands on tax techniques and is nationally recognized as one of the top tax advisors in the country. Recently, Scott’s book “Tax This! An Insider’s Guide to Standing Up to the IRS” was recognized by the Wall Street Journal as one of the five top tax books for taxpayers to own in their library.Mr. Estill is “of counsel” to the law firm and although Mr. Estill does not currently handle cases, he maintains a close and regular relationship with the law firm as a consultant.
- Admitted: 1988, Illinois; 1991, U.S. Tax Court; 1994, Colorado and U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Law School: John Marshall Law School, J.D., with high honors, 1988
- College: University of Illinois, B.A., 1983
- “Tax This! An Insider’s Guide to Standing up to the IRS,” Self Counsel Press, 7th Edition, 2010
- “Tax Compliance Guide for Small Business,” TSS Ltd., 6th Edition, 2009
- “The Real Estate Investor’s Tax Edge-Top Secret Tax Strategies of Millionaires Exposed!,” J.K. Lasser, 2009
- “The Tax Deduction Business Kit, 1st Edition,” 2009
- “Tax Reduction Workshop,” Tax Strategies and Solutions, Ltd, 1st Edition 2014